“Be a lamp, or a lifeboat, or a ladder.” – Rumi
The first step is always the hardest–registering for the first class in a degree program, the first day on the job, the first step of a marathon. Yet the first step can change your life.
Make 2015 the year you take the first step:
- Call a friend you’ve been meaning to call–it will brighten your friends day, and it will lift your spirit
- Eat a piece of fruit instead of a sweet–your body will be thankful
- Walk or cycle to your destination instead of driving–again, your body will thank you
- Hug, or at least smile at, a stranger–it feels good, really
- Register for a program that you’ve put off forever–you owe it to yourself
- Breathe, meditate, or try yoga–it will bring you back to the present
- Do something you’ve always wanted to do–it could be a new beginning
- Enter a walk, run, or bike ride for charity–it is in giving that you receive
- Give something you value to someone unsuspecting–it will brighten their day, and your’s too
Take the first step in 2015. It might be the start of a new life.